Working with files over long distances used to be nearly impossible. That is until Files Over Miles came into the picture.
This revolutionary technology quickly changed the playing field when it came to sharing and collaborating on documents.
Now, it has moved out of the spotlight, but there are other viable alternatives that have taken its place.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what happened to Files Over Miles and the best alternatives available today.
What are Files Over Miles?
Files Over Miles was an innovative cloud-based browser-to-browser file-sharing service that allowed users to send and receive files or photos from anywhere in the world.
It was incredibly easy to use and didn’t require any special software installation or setup.
All you had to do was enter a web address, select the files you wanted to share, and then share them with anyone who had an email address.
Why Were Files Over Miles Significant?
Before Files Over Miles hit the scene, there were few options for sharing files over distances.
Most of these solutions involved FTP (File Transfer Protocol), which was slow, tedious, and not very user-friendly.
This is why its arrival was so groundbreaking. It offered an effortless way to share large files without having to manually upload them one at a time.
What Happened to Files Over Miles?
Unfortunately, despite its popularity amongst consumers and businesses alike, Files Over Miles shut down in 2017 due to a lack of funding. This was a major blow to the industry as many users relied on the service for their daily file-sharing needs.
The file transfer service was a game changer in the world of file sharing, providing users with an incredibly easy way to transfer large documents or other files without having to worry about slow downloads or installation issues.
It’s no surprise that it quickly became one of the most popular file-sharing services on the market before it ultimately shut down.
Files Over Miles Alternatives
Fortunately, the file-sharing industry has come a long way since Files Over Miles shut down.
Now, there are plenty of viable alternatives available for those who are looking to continue their document collaboration and file-sharing needs.
Some of the best alternatives include:
- Google Drive: A cloud-based storage solution that allows users to store files online and share them with anyone who has access. It can also be used for collaborative projects and is an excellent alternative to Files Over Miles.
- Dropbox: Another cloud-based storage solution, Dropbox allows users to store their files online and share them with others using a secure link. It’s incredibly easy to use and is compatible with various operating systems.
- Microsoft OneDrive: Microsoft’s answer to cloud-based storage, OneDrive allows users to store their files online and share them with anyone who has an email address. It offers collaboration tools and is a great alternative for those looking for a replacement.
- WeTransfer: A simple app that lets you quickly and easily send huge files without having to worry about slow download speeds or installation issues. It’s incredibly easy to use and is ideal for those who need a quick way to share documents with others.
- Send Anywhere: A cross-platform file-sharing solution that allows users to send large files in a matter of minutes. It’s incredibly fast and secure, making it an excellent choice.
- Feem: A great file-sharing solution that allows you to send large files without any size limit. It’s incredibly easy to use and is available for both Windows and Mac devices.
Files Over Miles was a revolutionary file-sharing service that offered unprecedented ease of use and convenience when it came to transferring large documents from one person to another.
Unfortunately, the service had to shut down due to a lack of funding. Fortunately, there are several viable alternatives available for those who need a Files Over Miles replacement.
Whether you’re looking for a cloud-based storage solution or a fast file-sharing app, there’s something out there that meets your needs.
Take some time to explore the different options and find the one that works best for you.